The ongoing globalization of the automotive industry is forcing manufacturers to maintain production locations all over the world. To ensure a consistently high product quality at all locations, a strong networking of the individual production locations with each other is required. Vehicles and entire components (engines, transmissions) are now being developed globally and produced with local characteristics in the regional markets. One of the key demands of the automotive industry is the global data management to which all locations have access, but nevertheless these data can be supplemented and enriched by local requirements and information.
The production | delivery locations expect the following benefits:
- Increase process reliability in the production and reduction of reworking due to process errors
- Establishment of a components facility expand transparency in the production process
- Ensuring a continuous system-supported production process by avoiding media breaks / duplicates
- Reduction of development costs in the component facilities by replacing the proprietary, local IT tools
- Connection of necessary group systems involved in the production process (e.g. Finance)
The solution ensures full integration with the rich standard features of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and unrestricted release capability. By using Microsoft Dynamics, automotive suppliers can more quickly map changes from manufacturers and automate their business processes within their organization. In addition, the connection of suppliers, customers and other partner companies is supported.
The modular software Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides an excellent basis for the different requirements of the automotive industry. Moreover, the outstanding development environment of Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers the ability to respond quickly and effectively to specific requirements (such as interfaces to subsystems) in the automotive industry.