The markets’ demand for individualized products requires manufacturing companies to develop and produce products that are tailored to customer needs and that each customer can configure and order individually according to his or her wishes.
Because the previous option of selecting a specific product from a large number of product variants is often no longer sufficient today. The customer would like to order “his” tailor-made product in addition to the standard range of variants.
The product configurator makes tailor-made products possible; it supports order entry/processing, provides all production relevant information, and generates the variant BOM/route. When configuring a tailor-made product, all business processes, including production and delivery, will run completely automatically without any breaks/interruptions after ordering. In addition; b4dynamics developed a printing method (table in an offer or order confirmation) of the attributes used in the product configuration as well as the attribute values calculated by the configuration process. This gives the customer an immediate overview of what is offered or which order parameters are needed.
- Production oriented configuration
- Complete bill of materials and routing are created
- Can be scheduled in Dynamics 365
- Material and capacity plans immediately visible
- Technically correct and complete production data is available
- Reuse of configurations
- Competitive advantage of manufacturing companies
- Productivity increases across the company
- Shorter reaction times to the customer
- Minimization of the complaint rate
- Increase in customer satisfaction
- Less personnel in order processing & more error-free offers
- Focus again more on further development of new products