To sell software products in a particular market, all its elements e.g., text, layout, graphics and multimedia, keyboard shortcuts, fonts, character sets locale data, as well as the product’s build process and packaging user interface, online help, databases, graphics, and documentation, must be localized and rigorously tested to meet the linguistically, culturally, cosmetically, functionally, and legal correct requirements of that market. ERP and CRM software that stores and processes sensitive data is in addition determined to meet all Turkish legal requirements.
Since Organizations with either local and/or international offices in Turkey need to make sure their ERP system meets Turkish legal requirements and localization for Turkey is not included in the standard functionality of Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP software, a localization add-on must be added to the ERP system.
Turkish Localization add-ons are available for both Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply chain management and Dynamics 365 Business Central through third-party companies.
LOCALIZATION for Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
Turkish localization is an add-on for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. To meet the legal requirements in Turkey it provides these features:
- Check-Promissory notes processes. Check-promissory notes practice in Turkey, including portfolio, transaction code, notes journal, quick inquiry, reports transaction, and reverse process. It also provides the required standard structure of check-promissory notes.
- Exchange Rate Accounts and Invoicing. Exchange rate accounts are defined based on details and invoicing is done at the realized exchange rate. Invoicing is done with a VAT number. Included are exchange rate evaluation accounts, general ledger accounts total evaluations and an exchange rate invoicing.
- BA/BS. Here the BA/BS definition (bulk purchases/sales) takes place first, followed by data preparation, a summary creation, then inclusion, exclusion, and undefined transfers and updating tax number and tax office to BA/BS and BA/BS reconciliation. To finish, summary reports / XML and TR tax types are created in tax definitions.
- Journal Numbering, Year-End Reports, and E-ledger. Each document recorded in Turkey must have a journal number. Depending on the number, the books (journal and general ledger) are suppressed, they are official records and documents that must be kept by the state for the company. There is an e-ledger requirement for companies with capital or sales over a certain amount. To meet these requirements, the add-in provides journal item numbering, a standard general ledger, and general ledger reports, an e-ledger, updating of document header data in the e-ledger, an e-ledger pool, and the possibility of e-ledger integrations with integrators.
- Turkish reports. The following reports are all standards in Turkish legislation and are required by accountants.
- Voucher print.
- Trial Balance.
- Ledger account statement
- Vendor Balance Lists
– by currency
– by dimension.
- Vendor account statement.
– by currency.
- Customer Balance List
– by currency It is parallel with the vendor balance list-by currency
– by dimension It is parallel with the vendor balance list-by dimension
- Customer account statement It is parallel with the vendor account statement
– by currency It is parallel with the vendor account statement-by currency
- Bank Account Balance List A list of bank account balances via bank card
- Bank Account Statement A list of bank account statements via bank card
- Fixed asset list Fixed assets can also be accepted as an amortization book. It also makes forward-looking calculations for budget planning
- Pre-Printed serial number. In Turkey, an invoice is a document that is printed on a pre-printed form. It is not a white-page report as it is abroad. In this form, there is a number assigned by the printing press and this number is not given by the system, it is a number that must be entered into the system by the user. An E-invoice number is a number that is produced while loading TRA (GIB) again. For this reason, the add-in defines the pre-printed serial number here, uses a selection of pre-printed serial numbers on invoice forms Invoice Entry, Sales Order, Purchase Return, Free Text Invoice and Voucher Entries with pre-printed serial numbers, there is an update of the InvoiceId field in the Invoice Entry and the and is automatically updated with the selected journal number in Entries. E-invoice by customer and vendor is also possible, where users can connect to the TRA (GIB) page to update the e-invoice status of customers and vendors in the system according to the tax number.
- Other customizations A variety of other adjustments are provided as well.
LOCALIZATION for Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC
Turkish Localization for Dynamics 365 BC allows you to use Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC in compliance with Turkish law. Turkish Localization for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central includes tools to manage your financial processes that are compatible with the Tax Procedure Law (TPL – VUK) in Turkey. For this purpose, withholding tax rates are defined with the help of the Add-ins, included in sales and purchase documents and general ledgers, and then withholding tax withholdings are posted to the general ledger in compliance with the law. Current, advance, and deduction accounts can be defined through a single posting group and accounting processes can be managed without duplicating customer and vendor cards. Documents posted from purchasing, sales, and service can be reversed, and the general ledger entries of the reversed documents are not included in the summary and sub-ledger accounting reports. Accounts receivable and accounts payable checks and promissory bills are defined, and their due dates are tracked, the accounting links of each check/voucher can be managed through portfolios, and long- and short-term accounting transactions can be managed. Furthermore, financing cards for loans, leases, and assets are defined, payment terms for each card are tracked, long and short-term integrations are made, and accounting processes are managed. It is also possible to manage multiple discount processes for each line in purchase and sales quotations, orders, and invoices. Creation of the following reports, compatible with the Tax Procedure Law (TPL – VUK) in Turkey:
- Subsidiary Ledger
- G/L Trial Balances
- G/L Voucher
- VAT Declaration Control
- Income Tax Declaration Control and
- Balance Sheet and
- Income Statement
This add-in also provides the function to automatically load the exchange rates published by the Central Bank of Turkey into the system, making the manual entry of the rates unnecessary.
Finally, the integration of long- and short-term accounts is automatically applied according to the maturity dates on the records originating from Turkish legislation, such as loans, leases, letters of credit, checks/debts, deposits. At the end of the accounting period, balances in accounts such as 180, 280, 380, and 480 are automatically transferred to income/expense accounts.